Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thing # 14

For this task I chose to use Gliffy and Bubbl.us to explore flowcharts and mind maps.  Although I liked Bubbl.us, I believe that I enjoyed creating the flowchart on Gliffy the most.  I liked the aspect of creating a flow chart that would allow my future students to use critical thinking, allowing themselves to take risks, and realizing that sometimes they must backtrack in order to find the correct answer.  To me, mistakes are learning bumps in the road.  Without our ability to look at where we may have gone wrong on a proposed answer to a question in ponder we can remain lost; if we are able to look at something from many sides it is easier to grasp that concept and understand the information being taught.  As far as using these tools for my future classroom, I think flowcharts will come in handy;  I also believe that mind maps are a great way to express shared concepts among groups and lessons and would make a great assignment for certain lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment