Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thing # 16

I created a start page on iGoogle, but I read on the home page that iGoogle will be no more on November 1, 2013.  I did like the set up of my home page; it seemed useful and reflected a bit of my interests and personality.  However, knowing that iGoogle is soon to be retired, I probably will not make it permanent (because what's the use, right?).
After reading about Jott, I would say that it would be a very useful tool, but I do not have any devices that would make use of this tool.  Although, I think that it would be wonderful assistive technology.  I did sign up and use Remember The Milk's website for creating a to-do list.  I included all of the assignments that I must complete before the semester is up (and oh-golly there's still a lot to do!).
I think that online calendars would be very handy indeed, but maybe it would be more convenient if I had one of those handy dandy smart phones.  I liked the to-do list because it's a visual aid, and that is very helpful for me.
I feel that many of these gadgets would be helpful at home as well as in the classroom.  The calendars would be a great way for you to engage your students in learning more about one another, for instance: who shares birthdays, dates of club and band meetings, sports practice and more.  As teachers I feel that we should be involved with our students, and we should recognize their interests and skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment