Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thing # 19

Ning was an interesting site!  It is full of useful information that we as teachers can use.  I also tried to create a badge to include with this blog post, but my attempts were unsuccessful.  Oh well, I shall try again later...


Visit TeacherPop
(This was my second attempt on the badge, I hope it worked!)  (It did!!! Yay!!!!!!)

Any who, after all of the sites that we have had to research, I can say this... Sharing our lessons, ideas, and teaching information is an important thing that we teachers should be doing.  By holding on to our secrets of success we aren't teaching what we know.  Information is so valuable, and it desperately needs to be shared for the benefit of our students.  I see a true value in social networking sites.  My son's kindergarten teacher told me just how much she loved Pinterest, and she explained how she found lesson plans, videos, and links to valuable websites, and she uses the site on a daily basis.  At one point our school system banned Pinterest from our school network, but many of our teachers complained and voiced the fact that it is a beneficial teaching tool for our schools, and guess what??? the school board accepted their request!
I signed up for a Craftster account, and I do think that this will be a great site to find many different crafts to make.  So far, I really like what I see.  I think that there is plenty to keep my children entertained for summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment